Why should you buy maternity insurance?
Having a child in the modern world can be extremely expensive. Since each insurer has a different approach and procedure for providing the more predictable expenses, such as vaccinations and health checks for newborns, talk to us to find your easiest and most effective options.
What does maternity insurance cover?
- Pre and Post-natal treatments & examinations
- Medically prescribed Caesarian
- Normal delivery
- Delivery with complications
- Delivery following fertility treatment
- Hospital or Home delivery costs
Comprehensive plans will also cover
- Care of newborn children
- Fertility treatments
- Congenital birth defects
- Maternity policies can also include the medical treatment required for newborns if something unexpected happens.
If you're already pregnant, most insurers will decline coverage. In most cases, insurers require a moratorium (a waiting period) of around 10 months or more, of paid maternity coverage before covering pregnancy, birth and/or newborn coverage. Maternity coverage works this way to prevent the insurance companies from losing too much money and giving away free coverage as pregnancy care and birth costs can be quite expensive.
Looking for Maternity Insurance?
If you want to know more about maternity plans, feel free to contact one of our advisors and we'll be happy to answer any questions you may have.